Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Ode To The Beach


I love the beach. The sand, the surf, the cooler weather. I love everything about it. I grew up at the beach. When I was in 3rd grade, my family moved about 6 blocks from the beach. I do have to say I was spoiled, I didn't realize how lucky I was. But it's like that saying, "You don't know what you have till it's gone." I am obivously not living at the beach anymore, but man, do I wish I still lived there. If I had known I wasn't going to live at the beach my whole life, I'd have gone WAY more.

When I do go to the beach there are many different things I love to do. I loved to bike and rollerblade along the strand. I love to play my favorite sport, beach volleyball. I love to build sandcastles and dig for sand crabs. I love to body surf, and boogie board. I've also even been known to surf every once in a blue moon.

Why do I tell you about why I love going to the beach? Because the Junior High group is going to "Crash" the beach all day tomorrow. It's going to be SO much fun! I'm going to get to do everything I love. We are even going to crash a world famous beach. How many of you have heard the song, 'Surfing USA' by the beach boys "...San Anofree and sunset/Redondo Beach L.A. ...Everybody's gone surfin'/Surfin' USA"

Yes we will be heading to beautiful Redondo Beach for the day. I really hope to see you all there. All you have to bring is $5, a sack lunch, swim suit, towel, and money for dinner on the way home. Call the church office for more details and to tell us that you're coming, so I can make sure you have a ride there.

1 comment:

  1. you should have put pictures of the beach with "NO" sun!!!!
    hannah.y.

    ReplyDelete