Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Cameron's Musical Christmas

This week is Christmas. I love Christmas time for many different reasons; the people, the love, its the temperature of the weather, egg nog. But most importantly, I love Christmas songs. I start listening to them on Thanksgiving week while driving up to Yosemite. So I started thinking, what are my favorite Christmas songs. Off the top of my head I can come up with 20 or 30 off the top of my head, and those are just the traditional Christmas carol type songs. But there are so many. So I have my top 5 favorite Christmas Albums and my top 10 Christmas single songs that all help get me into the Christmas spirit.

Top 5 Christmas Albums
5. "Christmas Pageant" By Family Force 5 - R&B, auto tuner sounding dance music.
4. "Dig That Crazy Christmas" By Brian Setzer Orchestra - Rockabilly music with an orchestra as back up. Very fun, fast, and somehow still traditional.
3. "Christmas Celebration" By Mannheim Steamroller - Electric, classic & mostly instrumental.
2. "Christmas With Weezer" By Weezer - Acoustic takes on surprisingly very religious Christmas song.
1. "Let It Snow Baby, Let It Reindeer" By Relient K - Very fun traditional carols mixed with awesome original Christmas songs, including my favorite (see below #1).

Top 10 Christmas Single Songs
10. The Chipmunk Song - Tegan & Sara
9. Santa Clause Is Coming To Town - Sugarcult
8. Christmas Time Is Here - Gatsby's American Dream
7. All I Want For Christmas - My Chemical Romance
6. Carol Of The Bells - August Burns Red
5. Holly Jolly Christmas - The Format
4. Rocking Around The Christmas Tree - Cartel
3. Noel! Noel! - Eve 6
2. This Time Of Year - The Mighty, Mighty Bosstones
1. I Celebrate The Day - Relient K

Honorable Mention - The band The Killers don't have a Christmas album. But for the last 5 years they have recorded a Christmas song every year for the Global Fund to fight AIDS in Africa. Each song is awesome. The frontman Brandon Flowers is quoted this year as saying, "Our Christmas single with (RED) is one of our traditions as a band. We didn't want to let it fall by the wayside just because we're on hiatus; this cause is too important." This I think is awesome!

I hope these help you get into the Christmas spirit. Don't forget, our Christmas Eve service is this Friday at 6 PM. I hope to see you all there! Merry Christmas =)

No comments:

Post a Comment