Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The B-I-B-L-E, Yes That's The Book For Me...

"This revelation- Holy, just, and true-
Though oft I read, it seems forever new;
While light from Heaven upon it's pages rest,
I feel it's power, and with it I am blessed.
Hence forth, I take thee as my future guide,
Let naught from thee, my youthful heart divide.
And then, if late or early death be mine,
All will be well, since I, O Lord, am thine!"
-Phoebe Palmer

I first read this poem about a year ago, and it struck a chord with me. I kept reading it over and over. I couldn't get it out of my mind. A woman who lived in the 1800's named Phoebe Palmer inscribed this poem in her Bible when she was 11. I have since even written the poem in my Bible.

This poem, reveals some wonderful truths about God, His word, and His power. God's word, or the Bible, is Holy, just and true. 2 Timothy 3:16 calls Scripture "God breathed..." The Bible is the authoritative word of God.

The author of Hebrews calls God's word, "Living and active...(Hebrews 4:12)." No matter how much you read it, you will always get something different, something good and new and fresh out of it. Even though God never changes, and neither does His word, our understanding of Him, and His divine plan changes.

The Bible is not only God's word, but it is God's story as well. It is the story of God, continually loving, guiding, and seeking a relationship with His creation. I invite all Jr. High students to join Crash tomorrow night as we study God's word, and begin to overview God's story looking first in the Old Testament.

No comments:

Post a Comment