Monday, November 23, 2009

What Are You Thankful For?

This Thursday is Thanksgiving. One of my favorite holidays, next to Christmas. I get to spend time with my family. But the real spirit of this wonderful holiday is appreciating what you have. All throughout the Bible it talks about giving thanks and praising God, for all He has done, and provided. David even wrote this praise in 1 Chronicles 16:8-9, "Give thanks to the LORD, call on His name; make known among the nations what He has done. Sing to Him, sing praise to Him; tell of all His wonderful acts." David was described as a man after God's own heart, and he was constantly giving praise.

You shouldn't have to wait till the end of November to give thanks, it should be an attitude you have all year. But seeing as how we do have one day specially reserved to give thanks, here is what I am thankful for: Breath in my body and food and water which are provided. My wonderful family who has supported me throughout my life. The best brother and sister anyone could ever ask for. An awesome ministry, with exciting, energetic, students who are a community together and love to learn about God. A fantastic church with people who get the idea that church is in people not in buildings and who freely give of their time to help one another. I am thankful for friends who encourage, uplift, and genuinely care about each other. I am thankful for all God has provided for me. What are you thankful for?

Remember, as it is Thanksgiving this week, there is no Crash this Wednesday, but go spend time with your family, with people you love, and dwell on what you are thankful for. Tell God, and appreciate all that He has provided for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment