Wednesday, March 24, 2010

There's No "I" In Team, and no "me" in Community

I am ashamed to say that when I was a kid, the words, "If you don't do this, I won't be your friend anymore," actually came out of my mouth... To my best friend... Multiple times... This is terrible and not at all a product of unity, but that of disunity.

When disunity enters community, the community starts to break down. The Bank Of Trust gets robbed. We begin to think about what's in it for us & let pride get in the way. We start to use the words "I", "Me" & "Mine" in everything. "I" am in charge of the clicker (for the T.V.). The last soda is "Mine". "I" am only going to get one Bible for "me"; you can get your own.

Tonight we continue our study in Philippians: Putting The Unity Back in Community. All Jr. high students are encouraged to join us as we continue to look at disunity, what causes it, and what we can do about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment