Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Best Beaches

To get everyone in the mood for our beach trip tomorrow, I'm going to share with you what I think are the best beaches. Now I have done my fair share of traveling. I have traveled all around the world. I have been to beaches in Spain & Italy, Oregon & Florida. It was hard to narrow down my favorite. I know there are plenty of other awesome beaches out there, but I'm not going to recommend a beach that I have never been to (or don't remember). So here is my list of the Top 6 Best, Most Awesome Beaches (That I Have Been To And Remember).

6. Waianapanapa "Black Sand" Beach in Hawaii - This beach, if I remember correctly is at the end of a very narrow, very curvy, very beautiful and very treacherous highway. We got to this beach in the late afternoon. The black of the sand made all the other colors spark. It was really beautiful!





5. Hanauma Bay Beach in Hawaii - I remember this beach when my family went to Hawaii. We all got snorkeling equipment and went swimming here. My mom also got an underwater camera. We read about a trick to get the underwater life to swim around you (put bread in the pockets of your swimsuit) and took a bunch of awesome underwater pictures. This was also where I learned I could blow air rings underwater.



4. Carolina Beach in North Carolina - Last summer for my vacation I visited my brother who lives in North Carolina. The morning I got off the plane (after taking a true all night red eye complete with 4 layovers), I was allowed to sleep a few hours. Then my brother and sister in law woke me up, packed up the car and took me to Carolina beach a few hours away. It was a fun day, and a great way to spend my first day in North Carolina.



3. Waikiki Beach in Hawaii - My fondest memory here is playing a game of volleyball. It was my brother and I verses two old guys. We ultimately lost, but I'll always remember playing volleyball on a team with my older brother and doing decently well.





2. Huntington Beach in California - This is one of the default beaches that everyone goes to. If you want to have a good time and don't mind driving a bit, this is a classically awesome beach. And it happens to be the beach that we're going to tomorrow.





1. Redondo Beach in California - It should come as no surprise that my home town is also my favorite beach. Nothing really beats home. And my home happens to have an awesome beach!



Look at those gorgeous pictures. God is fantastic! God's creation is beautiful! I can't wait till we leave tomorrow and head to the beach. It's going to be so much fun! I hope to see you tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment