Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Thief In The Night...

A long time ago, when I was little, our house was robbed (in the day time no less). Luckily we weren't home when it happened. We came home to find the house in disarray and interestingly enough a half full can of soda on the coffee table (I guess the thief thought it best to refresh himself before making a gettaway). My mom's jewery, our family valuables and even the baseball card collection my brother and I each had, was stolen. I remember feeling devistated, violated, and not at all safe.

Now the guy was eventually caught, and went to jail, but that couldn't take the feelings I had away. Only God could and it took time. Jesus said, "The thief comes to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full (John 10:10)." Isn't so true. The thief who robbed my family's house was only interested in himself. His actions, born out of his heart, showed that. He didn't care about us, or how we felt. He stole from us & destroyed our sense of safety (at least for a while). Jesus came so that we may have life. Jesus is not about stealing, but rather giving.

All Jr. high students are welcome to join us this Wednesday night at Crash as we continue to explore how God feels about stealing and how it's a symptom of a selfish heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment