Thursday, January 20, 2011

What I Meant To Say

Last night Crash continued the story of the Israelites in 1 Samuel 4-7, focusing on the Ark of the Covenant and God. There was a lot to cover and all of you junior high students did an awesome job of focusing & paying attention. Thank you so much!

As I was sitting at my desk this morning, I started to think about last night and about the response that I got from some students that I talked to. I realized that in an effort to keep things shorter, I may have gone faster toward the end and because of this, some of you (or maybe most of you) missed the big point that I was trying to make. For this I am sorry. See even I make mistakes. If you will give me another chance, I'd like to share with you all the big point that I want you to get. So whether you were there last night or you weren't this is what I want you to walk away with:

"God is GOD! Realize the weight of that statement. God is Mighty & Holy; able to kill and to heal. He is able to control nature, to curse and to bless. He is able to conceal & confuse and to give wisdom & understanding. He is all powerful, all knowing and everywhere. He is not a lucky charm. He can't be controlled, overcome or defeated. He is faithful & forgiving. 'Who can stand in the presence of the LORD, this Holy God?' The answer is no one. No one is worthy, no one is righteous, no one is holy enough to stand in His presence. It is only through Jesus' death & resurrection that we have any chance to be with God. Yes, He does love us, He wants to be with us, but we need to give Him the proper respect, reverence and even fear that He deserves."

No comments:

Post a Comment