Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Most Loyal

I don't have a pet at the moment. Growing up, my family always had a cat. Cats can be good, when they're not temperamental. The reason why cats make such great pets is because they are low maintenance. They take care of themselves. I was more of what you would call a "dog person". I love dogs. They love to run around and play. They're not as temperamental as cats. They want your attention and love, and will give you their attention and love freely. My brother has a beagle, Sadie; it's seriously the best dog EVER! I love to chase it around my brother's house, and wrestle around with it.

Dogs are so great. There's a reason why they're called, "man's best friend." I think they are man's best friend because of the love they give, and their loyalty. Loyalty is huge, not just for dogs, but for humans as well. We crave loyalty. Loyalty develops stability, trust, and dependability. Not only is it good to be loyal, but it's wise as well. The author of the wisdom book of Proverbs says this, "Never let loyalty and kindness get away from you! Wear them like a necklace; write them deep within your heart. Then you will find favor with both God and people, and you will gain a good reputation (Proverbs 3:3-4, NLT)."

Join us tonight at Crash as we look at loyalty, and how David was saved by those who were loyal to him. We'll also look at what happens when things we are loyal to conflict, and how to decide which to be more loyal to.

1 comment:

  1. "I love to chase HER around my brother's house, and wrestle around with HER." When are you going to get your own "it" ;)

    ReplyDelete