Tuesday, March 29, 2011

In The Waiting Room



Whenever you go to the doctor's office, there is a room that you go into, to wait. As comedian Jerry Seinfeld puts it,"There's no chance of not waiting- that's the name of the room." So as you're waiting to see the doctor, you must sit & be patient. You have no idea how long it's going to take; it could be 5 minutes, it could be 1 minute or it could be 20 minutes (or longer even) before you're called in to go see the doctor. You just never know.

Before I started living in my home, I had to wait & be patient. It took almost 4 months from the time I saw the place, till the time I was able to move in. It felt like waiting in a waiting room. I had no idea when I was going to get called, but I just had to sit & be patient. Waiting for something from God, is like waiting for the doctor in the waiting room. You never know what God's timing is going to be like. Sometimes there are things that need to happen before you're called (either on your side or His). During those times of waiting, we need to make sure we are patient and not trying to cut corners.

What's awesome, & makes waiting all the worth it, is that God comes through on his promises. If you've been waiting on God for something, chances are, you're going to get it (if it's within His plan, but that's for another blog). For example, When Joseph dreamed that his brothers would bow down to him, his brothers laughed in his face, but after 22 long years of waiting patiently in God's waiting room, God came through. Joseph was made second in command in Egypt. For me, while I was waiting for my home, I had to patiently wait 4 months before I was called in. Now I have a wonderful place to live that is my own.

Join us tomorrow at Crash, as we see David's patience and waiting come to an end as he called up, as he (finally!!) becomes king. Though he was anointed king as a boy in 1 Samuel 16, it's not until, 2 Samuel 3-5, that David is finally crowned & recognized by the nation of Israel as their king. Tomorrow night, we'll look at how David's patience lasted, and how our patience can last long as well. I hope to see you all there.

No comments:

Post a Comment