Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Joe Cool Surfer

One time, while my family was on vacation in Hawaii, my brother, sister and I went surfing. We rented long boards & wetsuits and went surfing. We all had a blast, and (I think) we all stood up and actually surfed a wave that day. None of us are surfers, but for that day, we pretended to be.

While that day was really fun, there is something that is quite embarrassing that my brother and sister will never let me live down. Before I tell you, I have to say that I was young and stupid. I thought I knew it all. Anyway, we had just rented the boards and the wetsuits and had found a good beach to surf at. It was a very rocky beach but the waves were really good for beginners and quite about out from the rocky beach. We had all put on our wetsuits and were paddling our surf boards out to where the waves were. It wasn't until we got half way out that I realized I forgot to take my sunglasses off. It was that moment of realization where you realize you forgot something, and you turn back to decide if you'll go back to correct it. So you just stand there for a while looking really hard at the place of correction, but you decide it's too far and to keep pressing on. So that is what I did, I kept pressing on.

"Dude, you forgot to leave your sunglasses back with mom," my brother said.
"I know I forgot, but it's too far back," I said.
"You're going to loose your sunglasses while surfing."

Then I said the one thing I will never live down, the one thing that my siblings make fun of me for... "But I'll look cool!" That is exactly what I said. Sure enough, on the first wave that I caught and fell off of, I lost my sunglasses. They wiped right off my face. I tried to look for them for a bit, but I couldn't find them. I had lost my sunglasses... but the important thing is that I looked cool... Just kidding.

But I tell you this story because Crash is going to the beach. We will be heading out of the hot valley and to the much cooler beach. We are all going to have a blast, plus if you wear your Crash t-shirt, you'll look cool. And that's something you probably won't loose. So join us tomorrow morning at the church as we head to the beach all day tomorrow. Don't forget, bring $5, a sack lunch, a bathing suit, a towel, and money for dinner on the way home. Make sure I know you're coming so I can be sure to have a seat in a car for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment