Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Welcome! Aloha! Willkommen! Bienvenido!

Tonight is our Crash Kick-Off. It's the first time our new 6th Grade students will be coming to Crash. I have a lot planned, we are going to have SO MUCH FUN! But because we are welcoming in new students, I thought I'd share a little about myself and my vision for Crash.

My name is Cameron Coulter & I graduated from Biola University, in 2007, with a degree in Christian Education Ministries & a minor in Biblical Studies. Although I have only been here at Desert Springs Church serving as the Pastor of Jr. High Ministries for the last 3 years, I have been involved with junior high ministry for 8 years & have loved every minute of it.


In my experience with Jr. High students, I have come to realize that the biggest thing they want is to be heard, loved & accepted for who they are. God has given me the passion & patience to listen to them, to love & accept them & to guide them. This is the age where the students begin to figure out who they are & what they truly believe. This is the age where they begin to own their faith & realize what it really means to be a Christ-follower, and I want to help them do it. It is my goal to accept students where they are at, as well as to encourage, foster & help develop their relationship with God.


Our Jr. High ministry is called “Crash” for a couple reasons. The word “Crash” carries with it the idea of community, because a group of rhinos is called a crash (just as a group of fish is called a school). The word “Crash” also carries with it a feeling of relaxation. After a long day, all you want to do is go home, unwind & not to worry about anything… to crash. I want Crash to be a place where students can come, be a part of a God pleasing community, unwind from their day & just crash.


I want to get to know each family that has a student in Crash. I want to individual time with each family, personally getting to know them and sharing with them my vision for Crash. The best way I know how to do this is over dinner. So, it's my goal to have dinner with every family this year. Please help me make this happen. So welcome to junior high & welcome to Crash. I hope to see you all there tonight at Crash Kick-Off

No comments:

Post a Comment