Friday, January 1, 2010

My New Years Resolution

Happy New Years! Today marks the beginning of a New Year- 2010, or what I'm calling 010 (pronounced Oh-Ten). Like many of you, I rang in the new year with family and friends, hanging out, eating party finger foods, and at Midnight I made as much noise as I could. Then I slept in, woke up and started watching the Rose Parade.

But I got to thinking about New Years resolutions. One of the resolutions for the church is to be known in the valley. We want to make a difference in the valley. We want people to know not only where Desert Springs Church is, but what we are about. The first step we took was adding a sign out in front for all to see. All of 2010 will be making Desert Springs Church known in the valley

So that is my resolution for the Crash ministry. By the end of 2010, I want to have 25 students showing up on a regular basis, and many more that know what not only Desert Springs Church is about, but what we as a Junior High Ministry is about. I want the Crash ministry to make a difference in the valley. I want to be known as a place where junior high students can come and be themselves, where they can give their worries to God, and be part of a community, where they can meet and grow closer to God. This is my new years resolution for the Crash ministry.

But I cannot do this alone. I need all your help. I need you to invite your friends, and welcome new people. I'm not saying you haven't done this, but if it's going to be a resolution, it means we need to make even more of an effort. Join me in my resolution of making Crash be known in the valley, and make it your resolution. Happy New Year Everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment