Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Some Important Info...

I'm dedicating this post to update everyone on things that are happening in Crash.

This Sunday is the Crashcake Breakfast! Thats right, it's this Sunday. It really snuck up, but don't worry, we are more than ready. We have already sold more than 140 tickets, and raised over $700! My goal is to sell 250 tickets, so we're about half way, but good job so far. We have parents bringing in 1-2 boxes worth of Krusteaz pancake mix into the office ahead of time already mixed so that we don't have to worry about it on Sunday. The only thing I want to worry about is making delicious pancakes. There are 3 shifts, 7:30-9:30 & 9:30-11:30 & 11:30-1:30. Students, we will only need you at the last 2. Email me if you haven't already signed up for a shift, and would like to. Remember those who sold tickets and helped on Sunday will get first dibs on the money we make. So make sure you don't miss it.

Winter Camp is also coming up. We are going to be heading up to Alpine Camp and Conference Center for a weekend of fun! Camp is so important because this is the best time to make deeper friendships with other students and grow in your relationship with God. This year's theme is "That's So Messed Up!" We will be exploring the reality of hurt in our world, our relationships, and in our lives. By the end of the weekend we will explore how Christ came to repair it all. Camp is $143. To keep the cost as low as possible we will need parents to help drive up there on Friday, and pick us up on Sunday. Parents, if this sounds like a way you can help out, please email me, so I can connect with you. If you want to sign up for camp, what I need is the form all filled out and a $70 non-refundable deposit by January 24th (or as soon as possible) so we can hold your spot. We only have 10 spots left so sign up now!

Lastly I want to inform parents of a tool I have developed for them to use if they like. It's called "Crash In The Car". I know students sometimes don't like to share what happened, or only share the fun things and leave out what they learned. "Crash In The Car" is a set of three questions you can use if you want, to help spark discussion with your student about what they learned, as well as to help cement what they learn in their own minds. If you would like to use Crash In The Car, see me as you pick up your student.

Feel free to email me or give me a call if you have any questions or comments. I hope you all have a great day and I hope to see you tonight at Crash. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment