Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Are You Annoying?

A friend of mine stated on facebook, "Dear major corporations, please stop using annoying people to do your commercials. I will never buy your products if your spokesman is obnoxious." How true is this? The commercials and spokesmen who are annoying or obnoxious make us not want to buy the product. It turns us off. There are a few commercials I find SUPER annoying. They are not funny or clever. Because of how annoying they are, I will go out of my way to make sure I don't buy those products.

Annoying and obnoxious people turn us off. It's even a proverb. Proverbs 27:14, "If anyone loudly blesses their neighbor early in the morning, it will be taken as a curse." Its a funny verse, but it's so true, even for us as Christians. As God's spokesmen, what we do & what we say matters, but so does HOW we do & say it. God tells us to tell others about Him. It's the job of a witness, a spokesman, an ambassador. But if we are telling others about God in an annoying way, it will turn them off. They will count it as a curse. Jesus was never annoying but full of love. Everything He said was out of love (even some of the mean things He said about the Pharisees).

So the questions you have to ask yourself are, "Am I annoying in how I am telling people about God? Is it out of love? How are they perceiving it?" All junior high students are welcome to join us in Crash, as we figure out how we can be good, effective, loving spokesmen without being annoying. I hope to see you all there.

No comments:

Post a Comment