Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Story Time

Some of the best stories begin with, "Once upon a time..." Stories are wonderful. I love all kinds of stories: funny, sad, dramatic, romantic. I think I like stories so much, because I like people so much. I love to find out about people and hear their stories. We all have stories to tell: things that happened at school, memories, jokes, things we read. Our whole lives are stories, and we are the main characters. The stories I love to hear about are stories that have to do with meeting Jesus. They aren't just, "once upon a time," but they are a specific time, they are life changing, and most importantly, they are true.

A couple weeks ago I had the honor and privilege to baptize a few students. Baptism is the public declaration and celebration of a person's life-long commitment to follow and obey Jesus. Usually when a person is baptized they share their story, called a testimony. It's the story of how they came to know, trust, and believe in Jesus, and explain what He is doing in their lives now. Our students didn't get to share their testimonies. So this Wednesday those students who were baptized will get to share their testimony, their story of how they met Jesus, and what He is doing in their lives now. I will also be sharing my story, and we'll all figure out what our own story is. So join us this Wednesday at Crash as we look at what our story is, so don't miss out. Hope to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment